1:18 diecast scale model set of Mercedes Racing Car Transporter and Mercedes Silver Arrow
Mercedes Silver Arrow replicates a race-weathered 300 SLR as raced by Karl Kling
This is a limited edition set of a 1955 Le Mans version of the Mercedes-Benz Racing Car Transporter “Blue Wonder” paired with a Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Silver Arrow as raced by Karl Kling. The set evokes the journey home from a racing scene. The piggybacked car shows mud splashes, a soiled grille and fume-smothered body that arose from a heated race.
This 1:18 scale double-piece set is limited to 1,000 units only worldwide.
The “Blue Wonder” transporter is CMC-143 – a major upgrade on the original release which has long been sold out. The replica will also accommodate CMC’s W196 Monoposto, 300 SLR Mille Miglia and the Uhlenhaut Coupé.
Features of the Silver Arrow…
- Hand-crafted precision diecast model built from 1,841 single parts, of which 1,215 are made of metal
- Detailed front end with removable covers of three air intakes
- One coolant filler under a flip-open cover in the bonnet; one oil-tank filler housed under the right side of the rear window with an openable cover
- Intricate windscreen-wipers with real rubber blades
- Functional engine hood, equipped with a supporting rod, functional locks for quick release, and leather belts and buckles for secure fastening
- Functional doors with sliding windows
- Trunk lid has a supporting rod and opens to reveal spare wheel
- Operable fillers including flip-open cover for coolant and fuel tank filler and openable oil-tank filler
- Perfectly-wired wheels with a light alloy rim, stainless steel spokes and nipples
- Removable wheels (unscrew the Borrani central locking nuts)
- Highly detailed 12-cylinder V-type engine, complete with all aggregates, pipes and cabling
- Meticulous replication of the interior and its racing accessories, such as roll cage and safety belts
- Seats upholstered in real textile covers with leather trim
- Dashboard with full array of instruments and controls on a wrinkle-finish-paint surface
- Elaborate undercarriage that reveals authentic stainless steel reproduction of front and rear suspensions, oil tank for dry sump lubrication, and fuel tank in addition to an impressive racing-style tailpipe of the exhaust system
This is a good deal! CMC Mercedes-Benz Racing Car Transporter, 1955 Le Mans version retails for $427 by itself. And the Silver Arrow retails for over $400, without the race-weathering.
Race Cars & Racing, Trucks
- SKU: CMC163